Covid-19 Public Advice
Due to the outbreak of Covid-19, known more commonly as Coronavirus; you will be keen to know about how we, as a charity, are dealing with it.
The advice to the public is to stay home unless absolutely necessary for work or buying essentials, and completely self-isolate if you or anyone within your household shows any of the following symptoms of Coronavirus:
- A new and continuous cough – where you are coughing persistently
- A high temperature – if you feel hot to touch on your back and chest
The advice from the government is to also isolate any family or friend that is over 70 years, at a different location to your own.
Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives!
The park will be CLOSED as of Monday 23rd March 2020, for the foreseeable future.
It is with heavy hearts that we have made the decision to close our doors. We do not know how we are going to get through but one thing we will make sure of is that our animals and birds are safe and fed. It is extremely worrying that we may not be able to source their basic requirements, which is why we are reaching out to you to help us if you can.
As restrictions are being lifted in the UK, it is of the utmost importance that we protect our visitors, staff and animals from contracting the virus by remaining closed, in order to reduce any unnecessary risk. Although other parks and zoos are opening their doors to the public, we have many preparations to put in place, to ensure we are fully equipped to maintain the highest level of protection for everyone. It is with great sadness that we are unable to invite our visitors for a great day out, but we will not open prematurely and potentially put more people at risk.
What you can do to help…
If you would like to donate items to the park then CLICK HERE to be taken to our Amazon Wish List
If you can donate any funds, no matter how large or small, or even set up your own fundraising, then CLICK HERE to go to our JustGiving Campaign
The organisers of the London Marathon have set up “The 2.6 Challenge” to help support charities… it could be 2.6 miles, 26 push-ups, 26 hours or even 26 doughnuts! Get involved in your own 2.6 challenge for us by CLICKING HERE
What are we doing?…
- All staff members are advised to practise social distancing, wash their hands more regularly and wear disposable gloves
- The staff have been split into two teams of “bubbles” similar to schools and nurseries. This is to ensure that even if one bubble has to isolate for any reason, we are still able to provide high level care to the animals using our other bubbles of staff. It also helps to control the virus within the park by infecting less people where possible.
- Hand washing facilities are available and checked regularly throughout the day
- Hand sanitiser will be available for as long as we are able to source it
- All contact areas and barriers are disinfected regularly throughout the day
- Advisory information is displayed in all areas of the park to remind the staff of our Covid-19 policies
- Any staff, their friends or family with possible symptoms are advised to self-isolate for 14 days
- We have cancelled all Animal Experiences, Work Experience and Group Visits for the foreseeable future
Please be patient with us during this difficult time, we will try to answer all phone calls, emails and comments on social media where we can. We will make sure we are continually updating everyone as things change.
Stay safe & support your local businesses where you can.