Covid-19 Public Advice
Due to the outbreak of Covid-19, known more commonly as Coronavirus; you will be keen to know about how we, as a charity, are dealing with it.
The advice to the public is to work from home where possible, maintain social distancing or completely self-isolate if you or anyone within your household shows any of the following symptoms of Coronavirus:
- A new and continuous cough – where you are coughing persistently
- A high temperature – if you feel hot to touch on your back and chest
- A loss or change in your sense of taste or smell – either complete loss or change to normal
Hands. Face. Space!
What are we doing?…
- All staff members are advised to practice social distancing, wash their hands more regularly and wear disposable gloves. All Rainforest Diner staff are to wear face coverings at all times.
- The staff have been split into teams of “bubbles” similar to schools and nurseries. This is to ensure that even if one bubble has to isolate for any reason, we are still able to provide high level care to the animals using our other bubbles of staff.
- Hand washing facilities are readily available and checked regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitiser is available and extra sanitising stations have been installed.
- Advisory information is displayed in all areas of the park to remind the staff of our Covid-19 policies.
- Any staff, their friends or family with possible symptoms are advised to self-isolate for at least 14 days.
- We have cancelled all Animal Experiences & Animal talks for the foreseeable future, to help with social distancing and stop any possible crowding.
Please be patient with us during this difficult time, we will try to answer all phone calls, emails and comments on social media where we can. We will make sure we are continually updating everyone as things change.
Unfortunately the decision has been made for the park to remain closed following the National Lockdown ending today. It has been an extremely difficult decision for us to come to, but the safety of our animals and the staff that care for them is of the utmost importance. Therefore, we will be remaining closed for the remainder of 2020, with the hopeful intention of re-opening on Saturday 2nd January 2021, to welcome you all back.
Please bear with us during this difficult time, our staff will try their best to communicate with anyone who gets in touch, but it may take a little longer than usual. Below are some ways that you can help our charity and the wonderful animals within it, any help, no matter how big or small, really will make such a difference while we work to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- Our Amazon Wish List – a list packed with essential items for our staff and animals. You can choose any item you like, depending on which animal you love, your budget or how you would like to contribute. Here’s the link: www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/2F6NS96WIM2HH
- Our JustGiving Corona Fund – We have set up a special fund dedicated to helping get us through the pandemic. Therefore if you wanted to add a little to it to help with food, medication and care for our animals, then just click this link: www.justgiving.com/campaign/LWPcoronafund
Due to the recent announcement by the Government of a National lockdown from 5th November 2020, we will be CLOSED for the period advised, between 05.11.20 – 02.12.20. This is a very difficult time for us all, so please be patient with us while we make changes and adapt to the new lockdown. Below is some information to help you with any questions you may have:
- Booked Online? Don’t worry, your tickets will not expire, so you are welcome to keep them and then call us after lockdown to rearrange your visit. Alternatively, we understand you may not be able to visit, therefore if you would like a refund, please call 0871 384 1130 between 9am – 4pm and our receptionists will help you.
- Animal Experiences? You may have guessed that this means we still won’t be able to book any experiences for 2020. We will try our best to begin them in the new year, but will keep all those who have vouchers informed of this. Don’t worry if your vouchers are about to expire, we will honour all of them to be rebooked, when it is safe to do so.
- Booking Gift Vouchers? If you still wanted to book a gift voucher for an experience as a Christmas or Birthday present, you will be able to do this. We should have a staff member available 7 days a week to answer the telephone, and take bookings on the above number. Visit our Experiences page for details of all experiences available.
- After Lockdown? If we are advised that we are able to open in December after lockdown, then we will be open on weekends only until Sunday 20th December, and close for Christmas & New Year from Monday 21st December until Friday 1st January 2021. We will then reopen as normal from Saturday 2nd January 2021. However, please be aware that this may change, so keep an eye on our website and social media for updates.
If you would like to help our charity and animals at this very trying time then we would be so very grateful. Please check out our Amazon Wish List and send them a gift!
As we are seeing more and more information regarding local lockdown areas and the 3 tier system, we wanted to update you on our area and our policies. Lincolnshire still remains at the Medium Risk Level, and we are doing everything we can to stay open and secure for our visitors. Therefore please help us by adhering to the Government regulations and our policies in place:
- Please do not visit if you are from an area of Very High Risk – you can visit the Gov.uk website for information about your area.
- Please do not visit in groups of more than 6 and ensure that you remain within the Government guidelines on social bubbles for your area.
- Please ensure you check in using the NHS app, by scanning the QR code at reception. Alternatively you can fill out a Test & Trace slip provided at reception on arrival.
- Please wear a face covering in all indoor areas – this includes Reception, The Rainforest Diner, the Gift Shop & Bengal Gardens Visitors Centre.
- Please keep a distance of 2 metres between yourself and others at all times. Where this is not possible, please keep a distance of 1 metre with a face covering.
- Wash your hands regularly or use the various hand sanitising points across the park.
- There are one way systems in place inside the Rainforest Diner and the park itself, so please keep to them at all times
- All food and hot drink items will be presented in disposable, recyclable containers from the Rainforest Diner.
You can now download the NHS Test & Trace app to help make entering venues quicker and easier. You can download it by CLICKING HERE
When visiting, you will asked to check-in using our QR code displayed around reception and The Rainforest Diner. If you are unable to use the app then don’t worry, as we will still provide Test & Trace slips to fill out.
Following the recent changes in government advice, we will now be asking for NHS Test & Trace information from all visitors; whether that be when booking online, through your GiftAid entrance or by filling out one of our slips at reception. Please help us trace and control the virus to help protect everyone.
We also ask that visitors do not exceed the group number of 6 individuals when visiting the park, and adhere to social distancing at all times. We still have our one-way system in place, and masks must be worn in our Rainforest Diner and Gift Shop, unless medically exempt or eating in.
Thank you to everyone who has visited so far and adhered to our advice and systems. We are constantly adapting to keep everyone as safe as possible, so please be kind and patient with us.
Our opening date has been announced as Saturday 8th August 2020… tickets are available to be pre-booked on our Ticket Prices page
We ask that all tickets are pre-booked, so that we can monitor visitor numbers. Print your ticket off to hand in or clearly show from your device at reception. Below is some guidance information for your visit:
- If you would like to use the Rainforest Diner or Gift Shop facilities, then please ensure you bring a mask with you to wear indoors.
- The Rainforest Diner will be serving all food in take-away containers, but you are welcome to dine indoors. Picnics are welcome to be eaten outdoors, but indoor tables are reserved for Rainforest Diner customers only.
- There is a one-way system within The Rainforest Diner and around the park, to help with social distancing, so please adhere to it.
- There will be no animal talks or experiences at the moment unfortunately.
- You are still able to buy feed for the birds and Meerkats, please abide by social distancing advice at all times.
- Extra hand sanitising stations have been installed for you, please only use what you require, so there is plenty to protect everyone.
- The children’s play area is open, please keep to social distancing advice and wash yours and your children’s hand regularly and especially before and after use of the equipment.
We are getting ever-closer to reopening the doors to the park, to invite all of our wonderful supporters and holiday makers for a great day out. We have been updating many areas of the park, which our health and safety representative needs to check and sign-off. We have also been putting signage, sanitising stations and extra measures in place, to ensure we are keeping to government rules and guidelines for the highest level of safety. All of the measures we are putting in place are live, which means they will most likely change as new advice comes in. As soon as we have an opening date then we will be sure to update our website and social media platforms, to try to let everyone know what they need to be aware of for a day out with us.
As restrictions are being lifted in the UK, it is of the utmost importance that we protect our visitors, staff and animals from contracting the virus by remaining closed, in order to reduce any unnecessary risk. Although other parks and zoos are opening their doors to the public, we have many preparations to put in place, to ensure we are fully equipped to maintain the highest level of protection for everyone. It is with great sadness that we are unable to invite our visitors for a great day out, but we will not open prematurely and potentially put more people at risk.
It is with heavy hearts that we have made the decision to close our doors. We do not know how we are going to get through but one thing we will make sure of is that our animals and birds are safe and fed. It is extremely worrying that we may not be able to source their basic requirements, which is why we are reaching out to you to help us if you can.
What you can do to help…
If you would like to donate items to the park then CLICK HERE to be taken to our Amazon Wish List
If you can donate any funds, no matter how large or small, or even set up your own fundraising, then CLICK HERE to go to our JustGiving Campaign
The organisers of the London Marathon have set up “The 2.6 Challenge” to help support charities… it could be 2.6 miles, 26 push-ups, 26 hours or even 26 people! Get involved in your own 2.6 challenge for us by CLICKING HERE