Covid-19 Public Advice
Due to the recent outbreak of Covid-19, known more commonly as Coronavirus; you will be keen to know about how we, as a charity, are dealing with it.
The advice to the public is to self-isolate for 14 days, if you or anyone within your household shows any of the following symptoms of Coronavirus:
- A new and continuous cough – where you are coughing persistently
- A high temperature – if you feel hot to touch on your back and chest
Therefore we advise that you do not visit the park or any other social events unless it is absolutely necessary. The advice from the government is to also isolate any family or friend that is over 70 years, at a different location to your own.
The park will be CLOSED as of Monday 23rd March 2020, for the foreseeable future
It is with heavy hearts that we have made the decision to close our doors. We do not know how we are going to get through but one thing we will make sure of is that our animals and birds are safe and fed. It is extremely worrying that we may not be able to source their basic requirements, which is why we are reaching out to you to help us if you can.
What you can do…
If you would like to donate items to the park then CLICK HERE to be taken to our Amazon Wish List
If you can donate any funds, no matter how large or small, or even set up your own fundraising, then CLICK HERE to go to our JustGiving Campaign
What are we doing?…
- All staff members are advised to wash their hands more regularly and wear disposable gloves
- Hand washing facilities are available and checked regularly throughout the day
- Hand sanitiser will be available for as long as we are able to source it
- All public areas and barriers are disinfected regularly throughout the day
- Advice information is displayed in all areas of the park to remind the staff to wash their hands
- Any staff, their friends or family with possible symptoms are advised to self-isolate for 14 days
- We have cancelled all Animal Experiences and talks for the foreseeable future
Please be patient with us during this difficult time, we will try to answer all phone calls, emails and comments on social media where we can. We will make sure we are continually updating everyone as things change.
Stay safe & support your local businesses where you can.